Guest posting is a popular and effective way of creating and promoting content online. It involves writing and publishing an article on another website or blog, usually related to your own niche or industry. Guest posts can help you achieve various goals, such as:
- Building backlinks to your website, which can improve your search engine rankings and organic traffic.
- Reaching a wider and more targeted audience, which can increase your brand awareness and reputation.
- Establishing yourself as an authority or expert in your field, which can enhance your credibility and trustworthiness.
- Generating leads and conversions, which can boost your sales and revenue.
[Try Assistant Pro Commnity – Beaver Builder Ready to Use Templteas for your WordPress Project]
However, guest posting is not as simple as it sounds. It requires careful planning, research, outreach, writing, editing, and promotion. In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about guest posting, including:
- How to find and qualify guest post opportunities
- How to pitch and write guest posts that get accepted and published
- How to optimize and promote your guest posts for maximum results
- How to measure and evaluate your guest posting performance
- How to avoid common guest posting mistakes and pitfalls
Table of Contents
How to Find and Qualify Guest Post Opportunities?
The first step in guest posting is finding websites or blogs that accept guest posts in your niche or industry. There are several ways to do this, such as:
- Using Google search operators: You can use various search operators to find relevant websites that have a guest post page or have published guest posts before. For example, you can type in “[your niche] + write for us” or “[your niche] + guest post” or “[your niche] + intitle:guest post”. You can also use other modifiers such as “inurl”, “intext”, or “site” to narrow down your search results.
- Using competitor analysis tools: You can use tools like Semrush or Ahrefs to analyze the backlink profiles of your competitors or industry leaders. You can see which websites have linked to them and filter by the anchor text containing “guest post” or similar terms. This way, you can find websites that have accepted guest posts from your competitors or peers.
- Using social media platforms: You can use platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram to search for keywords related to guest posting in your niche. You can also follow hashtags like #guestpost, #guestblogging, #writeforus, etc. You can see who is posting or sharing guest posts and check out their websites or blogs.
- Using guest post directories: You can use directories like GuestPostTracker, BloggerLinkUp, MyBlogGuest, etc. to find websites that are looking for guest post submissions. You can browse by category, niche, domain authority, traffic, etc. You can also sign up for their newsletters or alerts to get notified of new opportunities.
Once you have a list of potential websites or blogs to guest post on, you need to qualify them based on some criteria, such as:
- Relevance: The website or blog should be relevant to your niche or industry. It should have a similar target audience, tone, style, and topics as yours. It should also have a clear editorial focus and vision.
- Authority: The website or blog should have a high domain authority (DA) and page authority (PA), which are metrics that indicate the quality and popularity of a website. You can use tools like MozBar or SEOquake to check these metrics. Generally, the higher the DA and PA, the better the website or blog.
- Traffic: The website or blog should have a decent amount of organic traffic, which means visitors who come from search engines. You can use tools like SimilarWeb or Alexa to check the traffic estimates of a website or blog. Generally, the more traffic a website or blog has, the more exposure and reach your guest post will get.
- Engagement: The website or blog should have a high level of engagement from its readers. You can check the number of comments, shares, likes, etc. on their previous posts. You can also check their social media presence and followers. Generally, the more engagement a website or blog has, the more likely your guest post will generate interest and feedback.
How to Pitch and Write Guest Posts that Get Accepted and Published
The next step in guest posting is pitching your guest post idea to the website or blog owner or editor. This is a crucial step that determines whether your guest post will be accepted or rejected. Here are some tips on how to pitch effectively:
- Do your research: Before you pitch anything, you need to do some research on the website or blog you want to guest post on. You need to read their about page, their guest post guidelines, their previous posts, their audience feedback, etc. You need to understand their mission, vision, values, goals, expectations, preferences, etc. You need to show that you are familiar with their website or blog and that you can add value to it.
- Personalize your email: When you send your pitch email, you need to personalize it as much as possible. You need to address the website or blog owner or editor by name, not by generic salutations like “Dear Sir/Madam” or “To whom it may concern”. You need to mention something specific that you liked or learned from their website or blog. You need to show that you are not sending a mass email to hundreds of websites or blogs, but that you are genuinely interested in guest posting for them.
- Be concise and clear: When you pitch your guest post idea, you need to be concise and clear. You need to write a catchy and informative subject line that summarizes your pitch. You need to write a brief introduction that explains who you are, why you want to guest post for them, and what value you can offer. You need to write a short outline of your guest post idea that covers the main points, the keyword, the title, and the word count. You need to end with a call to action that invites them to reply or accept your pitch.
- Be professional and polite: When you pitch your guest post idea, you need to be professional and polite. You need to use proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting. You need to avoid slang, jargon, abbreviations, or emojis. You need to follow their guest post guidelines and respect their rules and requirements. You need to thank them for their time and consideration and express your enthusiasm and eagerness.
Here is an example of a pitch email:
Subject: Guest Post Idea: How to Guest Post for SEO in 2023
I’m [Your name], a content writer and SEO specialist at [Your company]. I’m a big fan of your website [Website name] and I especially enjoyed your recent post on [Post title].
I’m writing to you because I have a guest post idea that I think would be perfect for your website and audience. It’s about how to guest post for SEO in 2023, covering the latest trends, best practices, and tips on how to get the most out of guest posting.
Here is a brief outline of my guest post idea:
- Introduction: Explain what guest posting is, why it’s important for SEO, and what are the benefits of guest posting.
- How to find and qualify guest post opportunities: Provide some methods and tools to find relevant and authoritative websites or blogs that accept guest posts in your niche or industry.
- How to pitch and write guest posts that get accepted and published: Provide some tips and examples on how to craft effective pitch emails and write high-quality guest posts that meet the expectations and guidelines of the website or blog owner or editor.
- How to optimize and promote your guest posts for maximum results: Provide some strategies and techniques on how to optimize your guest posts for SEO, such as using keywords, headings, links, images, etc. Also provide some ways on how to promote your guest posts on social media, email newsletters, etc.
- How to measure and evaluate your guest posting performance: Provide some metrics and tools to track and analyze the impact of your guest posts on your SEO goals, such as traffic, rankings, backlinks, conversions, etc.
- Conclusion: Summarize the main points of the article and provide some actionable takeaways for the readers.
The keyword for this article is “guest post for SEO” and the title is “How to Guest Post for SEO in 2023”. The word count is around 2500 words.
I think this article would be very valuable and informative for your readers who want to learn how to use guest posting as an effective SEO strategy in 2023. I have attached some samples of my previous guest posts for your reference.
Please let me know if you are interested in this guest post idea. I would love to write it for you and share it with your audience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Common Guestpost Mistakes to Avoid:
Writing a guest post can be a great way to showcase your expertise, reach a new audience, and build your online reputation. However, there are some common mistakes that you should avoid when writing a guest post, such as:
- Writing about your business or products: A guest post is not an advertisement or a sales pitch. It is an opportunity to provide valuable and relevant information to the readers of the host website or blog. You should focus on the topic and the audience, not on yourself or your business. You can include a link to your website or products in your author bio, but not in the body of your post.
- Not following the guest post guidelines: Most websites or blogs that accept guest posts have specific guidelines and requirements that you need to follow. These may include the word count, the format, the tone, the style, the links, the images, etc. You should always read and follow these guidelines carefully before submitting your guest post. Otherwise, you may risk getting rejected or having your post edited without your consent.
- Not providing enough value to the reader: A guest post should not be a generic or superficial article that offers nothing new or useful to the reader. It should be original, informative, engaging, and relevant to the niche and the audience of the host website or blog. You should provide some insights, tips, examples, data, or resources that can help the reader solve a problem, learn something new, or improve their situation.
- Not optimizing your post for SEO: A guest post can also help you improve your search engine rankings and organic traffic if you optimize it for SEO. This means that you should use keywords effectively, include headings and subheadings, add links to authoritative sources, use images with alt text, etc. You should also promote your post on social media, email newsletters, etc. to increase its visibility and reach.
- Not building relationships with the host website or blog owner: A guest post is not a one-time transaction. It is a collaboration and a partnership between you and the host website or blog owner. You should treat them with respect and professionalism, and communicate with them clearly and politely. You should also thank them for the opportunity, provide feedback, respond to comments, share their posts, etc. By building relationships with them, you can increase your chances of getting more guest posting opportunities in the future.
Benefits of Writing Guest Posts:
Writing a guest post can have many benefits for you as a content writer, such as:
- It can help you build backlinks to your website, which can improve your search engine rankings and organic traffic.
- It can help you reach a wider and more targeted audience, which can increase your brand awareness and reputation.
- It can help you establish yourself as an authority or expert in your field, which can enhance your credibility and trustworthiness.
- It can help you generate leads and conversions, which can boost your sales and revenue.
Guest posting is a powerful and effective way of creating and promoting content online. It can help you achieve various goals, such as improving your SEO, reaching a new audience, building your reputation, generating leads, and increasing your revenue.
However, guest posting is not a simple or easy task. It requires careful planning, research, outreach, writing, editing, and promotion. You need to find and qualify guest post opportunities, pitch and write guest posts that get accepted and published, optimize and promote your guest posts for maximum results, measure and evaluate your guest posting performance, and avoid common guest posting mistakes and pitfalls.
By following the tips and best practices in this article, you can master the art and science of guest posting and get the most out of it in 2023. Happy guest posting!
Here are some frequently asked questions about guest posting:
- Q: How many guest posts should I write per month?
- A: There is no definitive answer to this question. It depends on your goals, resources, availability, and quality. Some factors that you should consider are:
- The quality of your guest posts: You should always prioritize quality over quantity. Writing one high-quality guest post per month is better than writing ten low-quality ones.
- The quality of your target websites or blogs: You should also focus on the quality of the websites or blogs that you want to guest post on. Writing for authoritative and relevant websites or blogs can have more impact than writing for obscure or irrelevant ones.
- The competition in your niche or industry: You should also consider the level of competition in your niche or industry. If there are many other guest posters in your field, you may need to write more guest posts to stand out and get noticed.
- The time and effort required: You should also consider the time and effort required to write and publish a guest post. Writing a guest post can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days, depending on the topic, the length, the research, the writing, the editing, etc. You should also factor in the time needed to find and qualify guest post opportunities, pitch your ideas, follow up with the website or blog owner or editor, promote your guest posts, etc.
- The return on investment: You should also consider the return on investment (ROI) of your guest posts. You should measure and evaluate the results of your guest posts in terms of traffic, rankings, backlinks, conversions, revenue, etc. You should compare these results with the costs involved in writing and publishing a guest post. You should aim for a positive ROI that meets or exceeds your expectations.
Based on these factors, you can decide how many guest posts you should write per month. A general rule of thumb is to write at least one guest post per month for each website or blog that you want to target.
- Q: How long should my guest post be?
- A: The length of your guest post depends on several factors, such as:
- The topic of your guest post: Some topics require more depth and detail than others. For example, a tutorial or a case study may need more words than a listicle or a review.
- The guidelines of the host website or blog: Some websites or blogs have specific word count requirements or limits for their guest posts. You should always follow their guidelines and respect their rules.
- The expectations of the audience: Some audiences prefer longer and more comprehensive articles than others. You should always consider the needs and preferences of the readers of the host website or blog.
- The purpose of your guest post: Some purposes require more words than others. For example, if you want to educate or persuade your readers, you may need more words than if you want to entertain or inform them.
Based on these factors, you can decide how long your guest post should be. A general rule of thumb is to write at least 1000 words for a guest post. However, you can write more or less depending on the situation.
- Q: How do I get paid for my guest posts?
- A: Most websites or blogs that accept guest posts do not pay their guest writers. They usually offer other forms of compensation, such as:
- A link to your website or products in your author bio
- Exposure and recognition from their audience
- Feedback and testimonials from their website or blog owner or editor
- Opportunities for future collaboration or partnership
However, some websites or blogs do pay their guest writers. They usually have specific criteria and rates for their paid guest posts. You can find these websites or blogs by using various methods, such as:
- Searching for keywords like "[your niche] + paid guest post" or "[your niche] + get paid to write" on Google
- Using tools like Contently or ClearVoice to create a portfolio and connect with clients who are looking for writers
- Using platforms like Upwork or Fiverr to bid on freelance writing projects
- Using networks like ProBlogger or Freelance Writing Gigs to find writing jobs and opportunities
If you want to get paid for your guest posts, you need to:
- Have a strong and impressive writing portfolio that showcases your skills and expertise
- Have a clear and compelling pitch that explains why you are the best person to write the guest post and how much you charge for it
- Have a professional and polite communication style that builds trust and rapport with the website or blog owner or editor
- Have a reliable and timely delivery of your guest post that meets or exceeds their expectations and guidelines
Getting paid for your guest posts can be challenging and competitive, but it can also be rewarding and lucrative. You need to work hard, be persistent, and be flexible. Contact Impact Digital for paid guest post services Happy guest posting! 😊